The mission of St. Leon Armenian School is to teach our children to love, appreciate and embrace the Armenian Language, its Culture and History. We will inspire them to learn in so far as possible, to speak, read and write the Armenian Language in a nurturing and loving Christian atmosphere. We will use the best possible teaching methods, materials and techniques in accomplishing these goals.
Friday Classes in Western or Eastern Armenian are for students five years old to twelve years old. They will be virtual classes until it is safe to hold classes at the church. See the registration form for tuition fee.
Intermediate Class in Western Armenian is for older students with language knowledge. Class is held on Wednesday evening virtually until it is safe to hold classes at the church. Then class is held in the Youth Center from 6 PM to 8:30 PM. Tuition is listed in the registration form. Intermediate class will be formed if five or more students enroll.
Adult Class is formed if at least five adults request a class. It is on Wednesday evenings from 6 PM to 8:30 PM and will be virtual until it is safe to hold classes at the church.
Friday Class Curriculum:
· Learning the alphabet – names of letters, sounds of letters, writing letters
· Building vocabulary and ability to read words
· Learning grammar, punctuation, sentence and paragraph writing
· Building ability to converse in simple, everyday sentences
· Learning about our Armenian heritage – history, geography and culture – including learning to sing traditional Armenian songs and to dance traditional Armenian dances
· Participation in our annual Hantes (a Sunday in May) and other programs
Intermediate Class Curriculum:
· Developing greater ability to read and write
· Developing a larger vocabulary
· Developing conversation ability
Adult Class Curriculum:
· Common conversation – ability to speak simple sentences and answer simple questions
· Learning the alphabet – names of letters, sounds, writing
· Developing vocabulary
· Conjugating verbs
· Learning grammatical nuances of the language
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 201-791-2862 extension 7 and leave a clear message and phone number.
The Armenian School principal will return your call.